There are no employment positions open at this time. Please check back again. Thank You
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
We appreciate your interest in applying for a position as a Juvenile Detention Officer with the Five County Treatment & Youth Rehabilitation Center/Detention Center. The Center is a secure Detention and Residential Treatment Facility. It serves a five county area providing a secure environment for court ordered detention of juveniles ages 10-17. 5-C contracts with other outside counties providing secure detention housing for juveniles. The Five County Center includes residential treatment and is a contract provider for the Department of Juvenile Corrections and Federal Bureau of Prisons.
Job responsibilities include: maintaining order and discipline; providing proper supervision, modeling high standards of behavior and effective living skills; providing support and nurture' managing the center in a safe and efficient legal manner; working effectively with residents in a group setting; helping to maintain a clean environment; upholding professional standards and improving job skills and knowledge. Juvenile Detention officer Field training incudes over 130 hours of detailed training and responsibilities.
Your application will initially be reviewed for any area that might automatically disqualify you. If no problems are found, an oral review board may interview you. there will be a one-year probationary period.
As indicated, the position of a Juvenile Detention Officer is highly responsible. Applications that are being considered for employment will be obligated to meet the minimum requirements as outlined below:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent. Preference will be given to those applicants with college degrees, college credits and/or experience in a juvenile setting. Veterans preference does apply.
2. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
3. Pass a POST physical exam. This will be done at your own expense as part of aCONDITIONAL JOB OFFER.
4. Pass a complete background check including criminal history and may include a polygraph exam. this will be done as a part of a CONDITIONAL JOB OFFER.
5. All employees must be POST Certifiable and meet all POST requirements to attend a three week (3) week POST academy.
6. Must attend a three week (3) week POST academy within one year of full time employment. This is a mandatory requirement. Training and time is paid by the Center. All employees are required to sign a two year employment contract prior to attending the POST Academy.
7. Must have a valid drivers license.
Fremont County is the host County for the Center. Employees of Five County are Fremont County Employees.
Applications may be picked up at the Fremont County Courthouse, 5-C Center, or downloaded from the Fremont County website at www.co.fremont.id.us
To see if we have any current job openings please visit the Curent Job Openings Page.
Please complete the Five County Detention & Youth Rehabiliation Center employment application and return it to the Center at 423 north 2300 East Saint Anthony Idaho 83445.
Do Not fill out the POST application or background information form unless you have been offered a conditional job. Thank You.